Pyratis, 2 months on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyratis, 2 months on

I sit here in Providence, Rhode Island. I am far from my own bed. I am drunk. I have truths to tell.

That anything should exist in this world is a fucking miracle. It is NOT a miracle engendered by random chance. It is brought forth by the effort of people who subordinate themselves to the mysteries through which the individual and the collective are bound together into a symphony of purpose.

Pyratis was a master of these mysteries. He devoted himself to binding into a more perfect union those within the guild, as well as those outside it.

Each of us inhabits a house roofed by old timbers. Pyratis is one such timber. When I look around, regardless of the direction in which I look, what I see is Pyratis's legacy.

I see it when I look on the bkp site and behold entries ending in "-BID". I see it when I look in the raid tool and observe the names of those Pyratis recruited. I see it when I witness DPS in the parse channel that shakes the heavens.

The death of Pyratis has also forced me to confront certain harsh facts. I am someone who takes others for granted. This is true for Pyratis, but it doesn't end there; it's also true for everyone else in the guild, as well.

I assume that you'll all be here, waiting for me to log in, between play sessions. I assume that my instrumental relationship with you will suffice to carry us through one more raid, one more week, one more expansion. I assume that not asking too many questions, or providing too many answers, will be enough to do what needs doing.

For this, I am sorry. Pyratis was better than that. He was one who carried others' burdens, in addition to his own. He was more than I even aspire to be, in that regard.

Ah, my friends, with whom I've had so many experiences, I'm sorry for only being present at arms' length. I'm sorry for not being as present as Pyratis, himself.

Most of all, I'm sorry to Pyratis. My apology for the semblance of indifference may never reach him, but I wish he'd know that, despite my poor job of showing it, I thought he deserved better.

I thought he deserved peace.

God recognize him as one of his own, wherever he may be...the place that we all may go.
    Last edited by Lifegiver; 02-23-2014, 10:24 AM.

Well said LG. I still regret that I disappointed Pyr by demoting myself from Officer just because I was tired of the pointless drama.

Comment

Working...
    X