How to Make Your Merc Heal Better 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Make Your Merc Heal Better 101

So. I see alot of tanks and whatnot making the same mistake. Getting hit for 5k flurries totalling 20k? your merc is casting complete heal on you...7.5k heals are nice but not if they take 10sec to land. Summoning mob pounding your arss? your merc is casting promised recuperation...I hope you survive for 18sec. Nice named up in convorteum...your merc casts devout elixir on you on engage.

The Solution ---> Quit being a noob.

EQ players--->Character Button--->Blocked Buffs---> Type in the following:
    1) Complete Heal (Has been obsolete for what 6 years now?)
    2) Promised Recuperation (Nice addon...when not being pounded for 8k hits)
    3) Devout Elixir (see Recuperation, Promised)

With those 3 spells blocked the merc will now cast the following spells:
    1) Devout Light - 10k heal
    2) Frenetic Renewal - 13k heal with some cure components
    3) Elixir of Expiation - Grp HOT for them aeing mobs
    4) Twelfth Night - low HP quick heal

In other words if you block the aforementioned 3 spells your merc will only cast the bottom 4 spells on you which is much more suited for todays game of hard hitting mobs. And you'll look like less of a noob in front of our friends. Good Luck.

-Uzra

is there a hotkeyable way to do this, so i can block them / unblock them? because when fighting in older content, those other spells are fine. and actually better in some situations (i'm a zerker, I tank old stuff, much more than new)

Comment

Originally posted by dewrem View Post
      is there a hotkeyable way to do this, so i can block them / unblock them? because when fighting in older content, those other spells are fine. and actually better in some situations (i'm a zerker, I tank old stuff, much more than new)
      dunno about hotkeys but you can certainly go to the blocked buffs window and "unblock" the spells you still want cast whenever you want.

Comment

true, but that becomes cumbersome to have to do constantly, and having to remember it. if you forget, and you start grouping with a real cleric who then tries to cast that spell on you, you will die because they couldn't (ok, "might" not will)

Comment

Originally posted by dewrem View Post
          true, but that becomes cumbersome to have to do constantly, and having to remember it. if you forget, and you start grouping with a real cleric who then tries to cast that spell on you, you will die because they couldn't (ok, "might" not will)
          not to get into a debate as this is merely supposed to be "advice" but if your real cleric is casting complete heal on you in some capacity then something is very off. I can see promised recuperation and devout elixir being semi useful b4 pulling a named but other than that i believe the improved healing via my blocked buffs lineup is far superior.

Comment

Hotkey setup i use:

To block, make a hotkey with following commands:
            /blockspell add me 18271
            /blockspell add me 18253
            /blockspell add me 13

To unblock, make another hotkey with the following commands:
            /blockspell remove me " "
            Last edited by prophieus; 04-28-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

that's pretty nice actually, going to give this a shot asap

Comment

Only one really needing to block is Complete Heal. The others are worth the cast imo.

Comment

my question is this, does this only work if the merc owner has these blocked, or does the merc just know not to cast it on someone by knowing there blocked list?

Comment

if you block those spells, other people's mercs will not cast them on you either.

Comment

buff blocking is specific to you, not to your merc or anyone else.

IMO its worth it to block elixir too because its a longer cast. promised however is like a .5s cast. if anything its only detrimental because of the refresh on the spell bar. if mercs could anticipate danger and give PR before you actually engage a mob, say if you turned on attack in anticipation of engagement, for instance, then it would work very nicely

Comment

Working...
                        X