Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Iratus Lepus - Raptor's Expectations of new Applicants...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Iratus Lepus - Raptor's Expectations of new Applicants...

Welcome to Iratus Lepus,

I’m your guild leader Raptor. Many of you don’t know me, but you may have heard about all the terrible things I’m going to end up doing to you in the near future...
    It's all true...

I’m a lot of things as a person: a jerk, a smartass, a meanie face, but I am insanely fair. You will not meet an Iksar like me and I expect I’ll leave a lasting impression on your time in EverQuest; some good, some bad. To be perfectly honest, I don’t care either way. I wanted to write this post so the new applicants into Iratus Lepus understand where the top tier leadership is coming from and what I expect from you as a minion. Consider this your induction into basic training.

I expect you to show up to raid, the rules say this and say that and we can converse over them till we're blue in the face but I expect more then what’s on paper. I expect you to want to be here, to feel progress, to help your virtual brothers and sisters to achieve the next tier and enjoy the combat and the thrill of victory. You cannot do this by not participating at a high level. Sometimes it's frustrating, but the win is well worth the pain.

I expect you to respect each other and do your best to get along. I’m a 9 year veteran of the US Army Infantry. I’ve deployed worldwide and I have not gotten along with every human being I’ve served with, but ultimately I was a professional and an adult, and differences are to be put aside when there is a job to be done. I expect no less from any of you. If you cannot accomplish this this will not be an enjoyable environment for you. For 4 hours a night on raid nights, your time belongs to me, it belongs to the team, do not waste our time and I will not waste yours.
    $14.99 a month enables you to play your toon how you like, I get it, but on our raids, our $794.74 trumps what you want every time. If this isn't agreeable to you this may not be the place for you.

I expect you to treat each other as brothers and sisters because you are! This is a team sport, just like with brothers and sisters mistakes are made and ribbing is to be expected. Take it, learn from it, and do better next time. Nothing empowers a bully more than crying or fighting. Take what is said to you with a grain of salt; not everyone here is a born leader, nor will everyone here can say things in a non-offensive way. Not everyone here is going to make you happy. Accept the fact they don’t have good personal skills and maybe even have poor hygiene, try to pull out something positive from what they're saying and apply it to yourself.

"Joo sux at DPS!!11oneone" roughly translates to "I think you have more potential in helping the team please stop slacking" in asshole leet speak.

I expect you to conduct yourself as an adult outside of Guild channels. Within the guild jokes are jokes but I’m not very tolerant of racism. We have people of all walks of life, even Canadians and British and they are people too... General chat is not your personal sounding board. If another guild talks trash on you or this team I totally understand defending yourself, but don’t let me catch you starting the fight. A lot of guilds have tried to fold us; a lot wish we would. The fact we remain shows the strength of this guild’s core.

I expect you to defend your guild mates. Even if you don’t like them. If someone is training or trash talking, you go to their aid you call out the troops and we will all show up. IL fights together. I am not above paying a raid BKP to go trash the hell out of a XP zone to prove a point to another guild that IL is not to be fucked with.

I expect what happens in the guild stays within the guild. I’m not telling you to not have friends, but the walls have ears and if you think it doesn't eventually get back to me you are sadly mistaken. A lot of people think they can pull the wool over this leadership’s eyes when it comes to intra-guild movement or backchannel shit talk but I assure you it is rare that a member does anything without the leadership knowing about it. We are everywhere, we know everyone, we are legion.

I expect you to protect your tag via any means necessary. Protect it by following the rules, asking questions if you are unsure and remembering one simple simple rule:
    If you have to think about it, the scenario is fucked up and you need to ask someone first!

When you're doing the right thing you never think twice, it's when you decide to skirt the boundaries or you are unsure that you have to ponder your next actions that you get in trouble. Every time.

I expect you to come to raids prepared. Shrink, lev, invis, gate, do not rely on your brothers and sisters for simple basics they need to focus on their job which is to integrate you into the machine so we as a team can progress and meet her goals.

I expect you to respect the leadership. You might not always agree with them, you might not even like them, you might think they are lazy or useless, but I assure you they were all hand-picked for a reason. Sometimes I feel the reason I chose some of them was to piss myself off but I digress, they protect your rights as members. The soft skinned ones keep the hardasses like myself in check. The softies keep me from deguilding you for not showing up to raids with shrink potions. The softies keep me from making this a 7 night a week mandatory raid guild. The softies who don’t appear to do much balance out the others that might feel you're not quite a good fit because you don’t pull 90% RA. So next time you want to send those tells to your friends consider who and what you’re not liking and why.

I expect you to air your issues to the leadership. If they will not listen or you do not like their answer, I have an open tell policy 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Too many people have left and said "xyz wouldn't help me so I left" when the issue was as simple as asking me and I would have handled it.
    Never trust the phrase "Raptor said..." I can speak for myself... ask me if something sounds fishy or not right.

I expect you to be willing to improve, to ask, to research, to parse, to log. No one is perfect at EQ not even me. I know a lot, I’ve probably forgotten more than most people know about this game. But even I don’t know it all.. However... I know where to find out... Never be scared to ask people how to improve. It's not an affront to your honor or showing a lack of skill. If anything it shows dedication, desire, discipline, and will earn you respect. There are very knowledgeable folks in this guild who are willing to help other bunnies.

Finally, I expect you to have fun. That’s what we are all here for in the end. Destruction of content, a few laughs along the way, good nights, bad nights. People you will hate who you will suddenly cheer when they pull off something spectacular. People who you love you will hate for wiping the raid. You will experience a lot of things in IL. We are a VERY unique Guild - one of the only hardcore "family" guilds around with a complex blend of people from all backgrounds. It’s what makes us strong, desirable, and downright sexy.

In return for my expectations I will pledge to you as a member my respect and devotion as the leader of your leadership team. I will always lead from the front and will never ask you to do something I myself have not done first. I will always focus on making you a better raider, a better player, and a better person. MY goals for you as an inductee in this guild do not stop at raids. No one here are considered numbers to me. We will support your toon if you cannot. We will be here for you through the good times and the bad. I and the officers will try to help you through real life problems. We consider you brothers and sisters not numbers, not "that warrior guy" and that is what makes this a special place.

Bottom line here is: do what’s expected, follow instructions, accomplish great things, make good friends, and enjoy being in the best guild in EverQuest.
    unF!
    Last edited by Xorsazis; 10-14-2018, 12:50 AM.
Working...
X